Saturday 25 April 2015

Let Go Stress!

Nowadays life has become super-fast. We want everything NOW! Right Now! We want to learn things as soon as possible. The work needs to be done right now. Some events and meetings expect our presence just now. We have deadlines to meet. We have preset targets to achieve. In personal as well as professional life..
Everyone just seems to be running and the race just does not get over. Even when it seems difficult we follow the herd because the basic philosophy that most of our parents have taught is “Go with the flow”. So far that philosophy has never been my motivation. I don’t ever wish to take the path that everyone has taken. And I will not teach my children that philosophy either.
In my first post I have written about our constant urge of becoming something. And this exact feeling keeps us moving in the direction that goes right to the infinity.
But today I don’t want to get into the philosophy of life or anything that will make me think much about the world.. It’s a Saturday night and I am restoring myself to be a normal girl who hates Monday mornings and loves lot of chocolates!
SO .. I have a list of things that I do to restore myself. I hope you find it helpful on some Saturday night when Vodka has refused to work!
But there is a challenge here.. you must first turn the TV off and keep your phone away.. people who really have some urgency will make sure to find out your address!

1.       Meditation! 
I know it is difficult for those who don’t meditate regularly to concentrate and get into a meditative state. But that is ok.. you may just want to sit or lie down comfortably and think about all the stuff you can. And then slowly start concentrating on your breath. If nothing it at least helps me to assess my thought and introspect. I somehow feel more organized and a bit more sorted within.

2.      Read..
 If you belong to the category that hates reading and considers it to be a taboo, just use the magic tool called Google! There are amazing people out there who are really thinking great thoughts and putting them in words for everyone who is in need. I like reading books and affirmations by Louise Hay and many other spiritual gurus. Also I love reading random extracts from Paulo Coelho books. Goodread.com is a good site to read random quotes written by many great authors. I just find a random site that talks about the stuff that I am interested in and spend hours reading!

Smart advice: DO NOT READ A NEWSPAPER!

3.      YouTube!
 This baby was born a decade ago and has seen things that are even century old! So much of information and entertaining stuff is stored here! I don’t think I need to tell you all that! YouTubers are the new cool! That itself shows how powerful it is!
I follow many comedians there, right from the superhit AIB to The Viral Fever, Mania ki Duniya etc. etc. etc.

4.      Yoga..
Do it only for half an hour if more than that makes you feel overwhelmed! But yes, best way to just relax and let out all the stress! I feel Yoga helps me restore my physical presence while giving me more confidence to move around the world easily.

5.      Dance!
 Draw all the curtains on the windows and shut the door of your room. Now, nobody is looking at you unless you have spirits moving around your house! Dance your way! Don’t stop. Even without music. Just dance and feel your body making absurd movements at times. Don’t worry. This is how you vent out all the fatigue in your body that has been there for a while now. When you make random gestures while dancing you slowly leave baggage behind! So, dance till you can’t!

6.      Take a bath!
 This always feels good and feels right thing to do anytime! I believe, there is no right time to take a bath.. just that there is no wrong time to do so! Take a bath with your favorite bodywash and a shampoo that smells just perfect! It just feels like the stress is being cleansed making my thoughts clearer than ever!

7.      Write!
You need not be freaking good at it. Writing is no rocket science. All you need to do is take a pen and a paper or just open a word doc. and write down all your thoughts and feelings. Writing makes me feel balanced about everything. When we write our thoughts and place them on a paper they become more organized even in our head. They either chose to become concrete or just fade away.

Smart tip: Tweeting and updating Facebook status is not counted as writing!

I would love to add few and many more things to the list! So guys please share how rejuvenate yourself!

Thank you for reading!
Love
Mitali

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will keep on submitting new articles or blog posts & thank you for sharing your great experience with us.

    ReplyDelete